Going hand in hand, Digital Transformation and Automation have always been part of the same conversation. Where one exists so does the other. We all know about Digital Transformation and its importance in this day and age where the cloud reigns supreme. But why is Automation so important and how does it fit in the conversation?
What is Automation?
To start things off, Automation is the utilization of technology to carry out tasks with minimalized human intervention, allowing professionals to focus on more tasks at hand and increases production uptime. It’s an important aspect of the digital transformation journey for a wide variety of industries.
“We’ve learned a huge amount about using agile methods in enterprise settings and are committed to sharing this learning to help foster their intelligent adoption. “ – James Lewis and Martin Fowler (2019)
Automation in Your Organization
Automation is crucial for the management, acclimation and changes not only to the IT infrastructure, but also the way businesses operate. In essence, it enhances businesses reach their goals and get their work done faster through freeing up IT professionals, allowing them to focus on more core tasks. Automation feeds into three important roles within organizations.
- Automation takes on a big role in ensuring Microservices and Containers are properly implemented and are being fully utilized. This can be seen in how effectively and efficiently Microservices conduct auto-scaling and auto-healing procedures.
- Automation can be imbedded with a set of instructions for environment building -which is a daunting operation when human interaction increases- it can be utilized as a platform that manages and runs the entirety of environment building, which has been garnering more and more attention, as of late.
- Prior to the implementation of Automation, it took around 2-3 weeks to fully test an application before deployment. However, that process is becoming more and more archaic with the inclusion of Testing Automation Scripts. A methodology of feeding testing scripts into the application to hasten the testing process.
- Unlike other types of automation, Business Process Automation is considered more complex and is modified to to suit the specific needs of organizations. A business process can be a wide variety of activities that feed into accomplishing organizational goals.
Advantages of Automation
Automation, usually comes with a negative shadow of human replacement, which is inevitable on the long run as it will take over processes that will no longer require human interaction. However, this doesn’t mean that working professionals will not be required, as there will remain the need for management of the automation process and it will allow for those working to focus on more important tasks. The more automation is implemented, human intervention will become less frequent yet inarguably more important. Automation comes with a multitude of advantages and some of them are:
- It allows professionals to focus on the bigger and more important tasks at hand, all the while leaving the tedious and repetitive work for the software to handle.
- Through the reduction of human interaction, businesses will become less likely to run into oversights and errors. The automated process is trusted and provides assurance that all processes will run in their predefined paths as intended to, all the while being notified upon the occurrence of any bugs or errors.
Book Your Free Session
Sumerge team and partner platforms use new-age technologies that include platform-as-a-service (Paas), microservices, and serverless architectures to provide software transformation solutions to enhance your ROI. We create a comprehensive business case and define the microservices transformation roadmap and operating model. Then we build cloud native applications. Our team will re-architect and re-design monolithic applications with microservices, build and test services, perform platform migrations, and build your DevOps culture and environment.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Posted by Adham Jan
- On September 14, 2021
In the age of Modernization and Digitization the move away from Monolithic Architecture has been well underway, with exponentially increasing adoption worldwide...
- Posted by Adham Jan
- On May 27, 2021
With the strategic objective of banks being to deliver a unique customer experience, digital transformation has become a key topic in the...
- Posted by Adham Jan
- On November 16, 2020
When you hear the term “Microservices,” you often hear it in conjunction with the word “Monolithic,” when talking about software design. You...