Our Engineering Culture
Our teams consist of highly qualified, career-driven groups of academic achievers and work intellectuals, equipped with integrity and professionalism. We always empower our engineering teams to have a culture of self-improvement where we continuously support initiatives especially in the areas of DevOps, Agile, automation and adoption of modern architecture paradigms.
We believe in creating the right context and engineering culture to support our people to reach their goals, innovate and achieve their tech passion.
Five Core Principles
- Our teams are entrusted to take decisions, readily adapt to changing demands, learn and improve. Effectively managing themselves, our people don’t wait to be told what to do. Seeking to continuously enhance their own skills and recommend outstanding ideas, our Engineering Team collaborates to derive the finest approaches.
- We constantly ask ourselves what new we are bringing to the table; a solution to a business problem, new features, technology, frameworks, methods or tools. Innovation from everyone is the key to the continuous advancement and makes sure that Sumerge Engineering is always improving and at the edge of technology.
- We’re proud to be collaborators, problem solvers and risk-takers. Everyone in our teams is empowered to take decisions and experiment. Through the desire to achieve and lead, our people continue to live an experience full of trials and errors followed by distinct outcomes.
- We always assess the business and whether the customer is satisfied with the features we’re shipping. The technical excellence of the product, the current architecture and technical debt, the release process, and the ability to promptly deliver new features with the highest quality derive exquisite customer experience.
- We build well-rounded high performing teams with an open environment for ideas, feedback and improvement. Constantly aspiring for continuous learning and development, we strive to give our people support and a place where they can achieve mastery and greatness, and inspire them to to do what they do best every day.
Hear It from Our People
Our rich and customer centric culture prioritizes people and their development, as well as our customers' satisfaction. I’ve personally seen how we are consultants to our clients, and not just vendors.
Ahmed Abdelaal,Senior Staff Integration Engineer
Even though I was hired and on-boarded remotely, I observed a great workplace with friendly teams,an accurate selection process creating harmony, constant development, and a supportive management.
Abdallah Mostafa,Senior Project Manager
The freedom and responsibility help me work professionally, without anyone keeping close eyes on me. I always ask myself what has to be done, what’s important, and what are the consequences and accordingly prioritize my responsibilities.
Mamdouh William,Senior Staff TechOps & Support Engineer
As an owner of my tasks, I'm given the responsibility to fulfill them, the accountability for the quality of my work, and the freedom in how I tackle it. This allows me to plan projects and learnings, and even learn the guitar on the side all while fulfilling my goals.
Hani Zaatar,Software Engineer
Being a Sumergee provided me with the opportunity to explore my potential, which was extremely crucial for me in the first steps of my career. The flexibility and trust I found since day one has majorly and positively impacted my work.
Bassant Ayman,Associate Software Engineer
Our learning culture continuously allows us, not only to gain vast work experience, but also to develop key areas which contributes to a successful career path.
Ahmed Magdy,Test Lead
Our environment here at Sumerge feels like home. People are friends, not just colleagues, which creates a healthy environment for everyone to learn, happily do their work , and be productive.
Hussein ElSaadi,Solution Architect
In our projects, we get exposed to a wide variety of learning opportunities. Not sticking to a single task or responsibility gives us the freedom to introduce new approaches as per the customers’ needs.
Hussam Fuad,Staff Software Engineer
I believe our work environment gives everyone the space to innovate and be creative. We lose any processes and complications that might hinder our people and keep us from innovating.
Ingy Abdelhadi,HR Executive
Our flexible work environment allows me to continually take initiatives with full ownership to plan and apply as I see appropriate. Moreover, working with such high calibers and young talents significantly adds a lot to my experience here at Sumerge.
Mahmoud Kamal,Key Accounts & Government Leader
I believe Sumerge is the place to learn, grow and gain skills. Looking back at my first day here and how much I learned and overcame challenges throughout my journey up until today never fails to cheer me up.
Youssef Hatem,Software Engineer
Sumerge offers an environment that brings out the best in each one of us. We're empowered to innovate, learn, and develop, and through appreciation and recognition, we're constantly encouraged to do and achieve more.
Ahmed Anwar,Software Engineer
The positive and flexible atmosphere and the harmony among not only my team but all departments motivates me to do my best and add value to a place I now call home. I'm glad to be a part of that.
Yomna Emad,Associate Software Test Engineer
It's always been a pleasant journey over here. In fact, you know you're working in the right place with the right people, when you're passionate about what you're doing no matter how much it takes to go the extra mile
Dina Hemimy,Business Analyst
I have been working at Sumerge for four years and everyday feels like my first day in terms of challenges and knowledge. I am amazed by the amount of freedom given to us to improve, innovate and excel in our fields.